Monday, August 20, 2007

hey hey kids.
how 'bout a weekend update? i try to avoid the freakin' computer during the weekend since i spend so much damn time on the thing at work....
anyhow, 16th & mission was actually good last week. lots of people, good energy, no lags in between performers, and i didn't have to do anything. i'm still not very excited about the piece i wrote but since it's memorized, i'll do the damn thing this week when the chapbooks come out. wound up going home with the maestro, which was good as always despite the fact that i had to work in the am. had to go to work in the same clothes i'd been wearing at 16th & mission - which was somewhat uncomfortable since i was wearing a sweater and thick socks. had to ditch the socks and just deal with the sweater. didn't matter 'cause i was happy. maestro asked me to print a copy of his screenplay, and i got to spend most of my day at work on friday reading it.
and it's good.... it's just really fucking good. i'm always... honored when he lets me read stuff.
my brother and a friend of his came to the city for rock the bells. it was actually okay to see him, which was a nice change. had a bit of a conundrum about letting him smoke in the house, but gave in. can't be a hypocrite. i even took him to zeitgeist on saturday, where annoying germans hit on me and chza almost started a fight with them. i was too tired to do much but sulk into my beer - been fighting a funk for a few days. my brother showed up with one of my roommates friends, mad dog. mad dog was ridin' high on the sex, drugs and all day hip-hop experience. plus the kid just like never shuts up. he was, without any doubt, about 180 emotional degrees away from where i was. which just spiraled me further into the funk.
sunday dragged. i saw the maestro for all of 10 minutes. it was funny, but not ha-ha funny, 'cause all weekend i was surrounded by people, and the only one i wanted to see or talk to was him. it's all a bit much for me lately, all the things that need to be changed or worked on or fixed. all the things that are frustrating or disappointing. i'm lonely a lot. even when i'm with people, i'm lonely. sometimes i feel like i'm about to cry, and i feel like that could be a good thing - get it all out you know? - but it never comes.
in other news, i'm broke until someone gets me the rest of the rent money. and by broke i mean, i got $6 in my pocket and $17 in my checking account. i need to go grocery shopping pretty badly and not having money stresses me out. my dearest 'nita is not moving to the city as she indicated a month ago, but to sweden instead. which is awesome for her, and i'm very excited for her, but it really reinforces my own lack of movement and risk-taking. i'm so bored, it's making me really depressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home