Saturday, September 15, 2007

new rule: two drink max!! with coworkers.
the last two fridays in a row, i have spent getting trashed with coworkers. no dinner, just a steady intake of beer. last night was the last night i want to do that. no more. they all talk about technology and how it relates to work, when i share i always regret it later. the conversations are fine at the time but the next day i always feel like i said things i shouldn't have and that it was just another night of everyone babbling drunkenly to each other. what's the point of that?
it's not really a big deal, but suffice it to say that last night i was oddly hit on by two coworkers (once by a gay man), had to discuss whether or not i considered myself a bisexual (uh, i guess?) because i was checking out the super hip, totally hot black girl who walked by (thin and lithe, short curly hair, slip dress with lace and cowboy boots. she was rockin' it and good for her) and talk to security at an art gallery after one coworker attempted to steal a $600 painting inspired by the character emily strange. then a homeless kid bummed a smoke off me just to have an excuse to hit on me, and i had to get off the bus three stops early and convince a guy who was bouncing the side door of the boom boom room to let me sneak in to use the bathroom (and thank you again, dude who let me use the bathroom).
other than that, i'm in a funky insecure place. i'm angry and anxious a lot. i'm hoping that my vacation next week does me some good. i wish the maestro had called me back yesterday, i would have had a much better time with him. and i wish that i wasn't being such a girl about the fact that he didn't call me back. it gets all twisted in my head... i get a little ridiculous about it thinking that maybe he doesn't want to see me, because i'm dumb or it's all about playing a game about who has the upper hand or some stupid shit. like if you call first, then you're owned or whatever. i'm not really into games. i'm a straightforward girl. but it's been a damn long time since i got this frazzled. it's kinda lame and i'm just trying to keep myself from being a freak. good luck, right?
i'm gonna spend the whole day sitting here, writing. 'cause i can't think of anything else to do with myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home