Saturday, October 27, 2007

so i'm writing here in an effort to avoid giving a play-by-play of my dull life to my journal (which i'm only keeping in an effort to avoid having my dull life bleed into my poetry - this means i'm avoiding writing to avoid writing which is ridiculous).
overall, i'm getting a grip. things were mostly stupid, and now they're picking up. i can tell i'm going to have to be vigilant against any backsliding into those easy, lazy bad habits. been moving some furniture around, getting rid of stuff (made bank at amoeba), cleaning (think i've managed to light a fire under some asses, got the girls backing me with the much needed house overhaul), revising my resume (okay, i spent ten minutes and need to email my sister but...), starting the tip of the iceberg that is researching where else i can work, paying off debt (got a bonus. fuck. yeah.), nearly ready to get my tattoo, planning for the halloween party....
a lot of talk going around at 16th/mission about good ideas. i like being in the thick of those conversations. it's like listening to punk rock - you wind up feeling like you've gained something from the conversation and you're all fired up to do shit. this is good.
tool is playing bill graham civic, tickets on sale tomorrow. there's a costume party next door to the cheese tonight. i'm going as a punk-rock aerobics instructor. and 5-6-7-8, and smoke! smoke! i'm amused and it only cost me about $10 to pull off. last thursday at 16th/mission i was a dead 50's housewife with a blood spattered apron and a wooden spoon. i have a bunch of pictures of everyone at the zeitgeist trying on the maestro's black wig and i'm going to print them up and post them in the hallway for the party that we're throwing on halloween proper - at which i'm going to be dressed as a flasher in a trenchcoat. in this city, you gotta be able to make at least two or three costumes for all the places you'll be.
i feel tubby lately, which is weirdly self-conscious and silly of me. i think i just really need to get back to yoga. my job makes people middle-aged and fat and i must not cave like a soft sign into that stupid american corporate lifestyle. i'd sooner blow of my own foot. at least i'd get half-price pedicures.
the more i get my shit together, the better i feel. and the better i feel, the more shit i get done. it's a nice little cycle it's just so damn easy to get distracted.

san francisco has only one drawback. tis hard to leave. - rudyard kipling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home